- Circuits and Electronics – I have very little experience with circuitry outside of the Mechanical engineering curriculum so this project will be a great learning experience for me. I’ve talked to Dan a few times and he is happy to help me through this project.
- Programming – Another important area of this project in which I have little experience in. I have chosen to use an Arduino to bring everything together as it is relatively easy to use and there are many tutorials online.
- Cost/Quality – This is already looking to be an expensive project as I just purchased an Arduino starter kit and other components. I want this to be more professionally done than the guy who built an LED orb from scrap parts, so I’m willing to pay a little extra.
- Time – Senior Design, other classes, and work take up a lot of my time and I am struggling to find time to work on this.
- 3D Printing – I have a good amount of experience with SolidWorks so designing parts isn’t the issue. I’ve never 3D printed a part before and I’ve heard it might be difficult to find a printer that’s not already in use.
Shawn’s Top 5 Constraints
2017 Aesthetic Explorations aesthetics Aesthetics Exploration architecture art bed bike bikes Blake cardboard design desk dynamic final frame garden Gardner Nichols history industrial infinity mirror Lamp LED light modern Music Outsider art pearl pizza progress project report Sand skills stand standing desk Steampunk surrealism timeline Upcycle Upcycle Project upcycling whale wine wood
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.