Throughout this semester I had a goal of making a woodwind instrument in this class. My upcycle project had the functionality that I wanted but lacked an aesthetic. I decided to change this and improve on it with iterations throughout the semester to achieve a functional product that also looked good.

I put a lot of thought and time into how I wanted my project to look and behave in comparison to an actual saxophone. I thought a lot about the different aesthetics that were talked about in class over the semester and how I could incorporate a few of them into my design.  I used sketching techniques that I had never known before to help me in my decision making.

Overall I am very pleased with the way my project turned out. I hit the aesthetic that I wanted and even though it was not fully functional I am proud of the work that I made. I am very pleased with my work over the semester and how much it improved. From a model made out of PVC pipe, that underwent many design iterations, and many constructive criticisms, the final product was what I wanted.

My project however could have been better. This could have come in a lot of ways. First I should have started my project earlier. This would have allowed me to have more time for iterations. I spent a good amount of time working on this and I am happy with this, but I didn’t have the time to get and fabricate more materials. This could have led me to make the changes to get a good looking and completely functional end design.

In the future I want to continue on this project. I have noted the points of failure and weakness in my design and I believe that with a larger budget and better time management I could make this project work exactly the way that I want it too.

Previous Post
Construction Timeline: Lampu
Next Post
Main Project Final Stretch Progress: Lampu

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.

Menu