For my main project, I would like to create something that explores the contrast between light and shadow.
Top 5 Constraints:
- Cost: ~50$
- Functionality: rotating base using Arduino and servos
- Manufacturability: material that can be laser cut
- Making an object that casts different shadows from different angles.
- Making the shadows relate to each other by telling a story or symbolize greater concepts.
- Having the apparatus move in the right frequency that allows the viewer to see a shadow art most of the time.
- Some Servos and Arduino code might be a necessary addition for the success of this project.
- A power source must be present all the time for the artwork to work and be displayed properly.
- Dark, creepy, gore aesthetic
- Arabic calligraphy
- Both combine :
- sharp unexpected edges that vary in width.
- Excessive use of black and dark colors
- Finalize sketches
- Laser-cut material to shape
- Choose a material that works with a laser-cutter
- Attach the setup on a rotating base
- Code the servos to move
- Add a source of light
- Candle or a flashbulb