Today we did sketching of glass (look for distortions, shadows, reflections) and talked about the final blog post requirements:
- April 24 Final Project Report I: What and How. Overall description and photos, then details of what you have made: CAD drawings, fabrication description, costs vs budget, etc.
- May 1 Final Project Report II: Why and What Next? Reflection on the semester. Compare your original project intent to what you ended up with. How was your aesthetic incorporated into your design? What did you learn from your project, and from the class? What will you do next with the project? What do you wish you had done differently?
- Don’t forget to do your two in-depth critiques of each of these posts due Monday May 6 midnight, PLUS plan to do quick in-class critiques during presentations
- Yes, you must plan to video and post your class presentation to your Final Project Report I post. Post-editing is welcome.
- ‘Summing Up 2019’ post, due Monday May 6 midnight. Give a summary of your work for the semester, and provide links to all of your previous posts. This is the link/post to put in your resume and on your website, so show off what you’ve done!
- Schedule a photo shoot (15 minutes) with me to get good images of you and your artifact for the Summing Up post. I’ll upload them to the Media Library for you to select from.
- Final revisions due Weds May 8. You are welcome to update any posts from the semester, and submit any missed critiques/comments. Abby will do a final sweep for grades after this.
Then we looked at the work of Philippe Starck, Chris Precht and Ben Burtt.