Design Review Part 1 – “What”
Inspiration and Existing Design –
- The main inspiration for this project was my aim to build a functional product matching my daily need.
- After identifying a specific need, I decided on building a headphone stand.
- For reference I searched for existing designs online, and discovered a common aspect in all the designs.
- I was sure about building the headphone stand, but decided to give an additional touch with a specific aesthetic.
- Finally I decided steampunk to be the aesthetic and started building my project accordingly.
Existing Designs –
 Minimalist Aesthetic
 Human Aesthetic
Vision and Aesthetic –
- The vision for this project was to successfully build a headphone stand.
- By the end of the project, I should be able to successfully showcase my abilities.
- The product should be fully capable of being used in my day-to day life.
- The aesthetic I chose was steampunk as I am a fan of it and always wanted a product relating to it.
- I am researching various steampunk aspects that I could possibly implement into the product.
 Steampunk Aesthetic
Initial Plan and Sketch –
The final design plans differs from the initial in a few aspects, I’m replacing the steampunk bulb fan by a simple steampunk fan and I’m planning to give portable charging connections to charge your headphone and other electronic devices as this would technically be on your table.
- A wooden base
- Edison Bulb
- Steampunk Skull
- Steampunk Fan
- Gears and additional steampunk aspects
Prototyping so far –
References – https://www.elago.com/h-stand_headphones/h-stand-silver https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/499988180/headphone-stand-wall-mount-hand-holder https://in.pinterest.com/pin/502714377145736646/?lp=true