Top Five Barn Door Constraints
- One constraint is time, though that is likely true of any project. There are only so many hours in the day and more obligations than comfortably fit.
- Another constraint is finding the right materials for the rail and wheels. I want the door to slide easily and quietly across the rail.
- While the door itself is really the project, it’s purpose is to divide a room that will some serious alterations to make it work. There are currently shelves built into one of the walls that the door will need to slide against.
- The structure of the room will not accommodate a rail to be directly supported by the wall. One end of the rail will need to be strongly supported on the wall, either by anchoring into a stud or some other means.
- I want the door to have an attractive design. I have never considered myself artistic, so this will be a challenge!