After having some troubles with the 3D printer, I’ve finally gotten some critical parts tweaked and finished. I had to make some updates to the fly wheels so account for the screws that I had. The connecting rods attach much more nicely now with less play. The fly wheels now have a set screw that tightens onto the shaft. This way, I can adjust the timing of the pistons if necessary. Also, the mount that holds the shaft connecting the two flywheels was not very stable, so I have to make a new one tonight.
Currently, I’m printing a new set of brackets to hold the syringes. The original ones held the syringes too close together, which caused the silicone tube to kink. This is illustrated in the photo below.
My alcohol burner came in, so as soon as the parts are done printing tonight, I can test (finally!).
I have also started making the whale’s head from clay. I moved away from foam because it would have taken too long. The clay probably won’t end up looking as nice, but it will have to do for now.