For my project, I started out with a brainstorm. Surprisingly, it took me a very long time to even think about an idea. I noticed everyone had so many creative and different ideas and I couldn’t quite think of something. I had a vase of roses in my room, and it sparked my idea. After brainstorming, I moved onto sketching. Since this is going to be a sculpture, I knew I couldn’t just wing it. And so I sketched multiple designs (very rough scratches) of how many roses I thought I would need and how they would go together. I then collected scrap from the different recycling we have around the house. I have been testing out my ideas with different types of designs and construction material. I have also scrapped lots of my designs based on poor aesthetics.
I am looking forward to presenting my design next week.