For my main project I’ve decided to go with a tie/belt rack similar to the one shown above. Below are the following constraints that I’ve outlined for the project.
- Aesthetic: I am going with an natural, organic aesthetic. The one shown above is probably more modern organic. I will be substituting the wheel part of the rack with a section from a small tree, like the one shown below. The upper, triangular piece might be laser cut into a different shape but should have a similar function.
2. Functionality: I will aim to make the project fully functional and serve as my tie and belt rack moving forward
3. Laser Cut: I want to make the upper bracket piece later cut and have custom designs/writing added in order to give it a custom feel.
4. Attachment: The method used for attaching the rack to the wall should be such that it is easy to remove and reattach without resulting in too much damage.
5. Nails will be used as the pegs that come out of the tree section.
(xpixel 2017. https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/cross-section-tree-trunk-isolated-on-158977361)