- Budget – I plan to use some pretty expensive wood so that it is naturally beautiful. Ideally something like Mahogany these woods can be expensive so hopefully, I can get enough wood for my project.
2. Skill – I plan to do some pretty advanced woodworking that I am going to need help with. I want to cut the wood in circular pieces which I don’t know if I am going to be able to do. I also plan on doing some wood carving which I’ve never done before so this is certainly going to be a constraint.
3. Time – Time is always a constraint on a project, with a busy engineering schedule it’s always hard to find for everything that needs to be done. To counter this problem I plan to start my actual manufacturing very early so I can have lots of attempts at it.
4. Aesthetics – This is going to be my biggest constraint. It is hard for me to think aesthetically and even harder for me to make it happen. I plan to counter this problem by showing my project to lots of people so I can get feedback early on in the process.
5. Ideas – It is hard to know what my mom is going to want from the jewelry box! I don’t use a jewelry box either so I don’t know what it needs to have. I plan on looking at some current jewelry boxes to ensure I have everything that jewelry boxes need to have.