I project that this entire project will take me about a week to finish, and so I have decided I will probably be doing it this week since finals are quickly approaching I think it will be best to get this done earlier so that if I need to make changes there is plenty of time to do so.
TIMELINE FOR FINISHING:
- Decide on the final style of top plate I will be using for my main part of the lazy susan.
- Once I have decided, I will carve out the design I want on the lazy susan. I am almost positive I am going to go with the circular cut out design, because I want everything to fit and there is a chance if I go with the other cut design it will have different elevations and won’t work properly.
- Next, I will stain the wood with the stain I bought from Home Depot. I bought a very pretty OAK color stain, but I may want to do more than one coat to make it nice and dark.
- After staining the wood, I will sketch out flower designs to paint on top of it. I have not for sure decided if I am going to do this yet, because I am not a great artist and I do not know if it will turn out great. I contemplated doing laser cutter outlines of flowers, but this would increase the amount of unsteady levels which would make it harder to put more sauces and spices on it.
- Next, I bought a bucket that I want to place in the center or on the side of the lazy susan so I need to figure out where to place that.
- Lastly, I will attach the wood to the spinning piece I bought from a spice section in Target. I have not tested if this works yet, but it spins at a pretty smooth and pleasing pace.
- Decorate with sauces and spices!
This whole thing should take me about a week, maybe less, but I am assuming there will be error involved and I may have to redo a couple things. After making the chart, it is clear it will take me a week.