At this point, I have received all of the parts in the mail, and have started putting everything together.
- The step was to do quality control. I started by hooking up the Arduino UNO R3 and make sure I had proper connectivity. After properly configuring the simulated com port, I struggled to get a connection. Eventually, I figured out I just needed to unplug it, then plug it back in for the new connection setting to take effect.
- The 9V battery holder was not working, so I used a multimeter to inspect each connection. It looked like one of the battery holders was bent and had a loose connection.
- I’ve assembled the relays, heartrate monitor, and the arduino board together, and found a source code for the heart rate monitor from the manufacturer’s website.
- The following video shows the relay clicking and a status light flicking at the rate of my heartrate:
- I’ve cut a piece of plexiglass, which will encase things together.
- The next step is to hook up the LEDs and physically mount everything together. I anticipate this work will take half a day.