Thus far, I have kept with the schedule that I anticipated for the final project. I was able to purchase a 24″ x 24″ acrylic sheet (instead of the 24″ x 48″). This change was due to the fact that the sheet that I was planning on buying for 18$ from Acme Plastics had a 50$ shipping fee. Due to the financial constraints that I have set, I determined that this was not reasonable. I was able to find a 24″ x 24″ 1/8″ acrylic sheet for 20$ on Amazon and ordered that instead.
In the meantime while I wait for the sheet to arrive I will begin construction of the pump and I will look for objects to fill the tank with such as rocks and plants. I will also buy flat rocks to glue onto the inside tank. By plan for the bottom of the tank is to glue a thin layer of acrylic on a piece of wood. The wood will add aesthetic elements to the tank and the acrylic will ensure that the wood does not rot or leech chemicals into the water that could effect the fish.
I have also purchased the pump and tube for the waterfall. I have changed my plan for the waterfall to pump water from the outer tank into the inner tank which will be taller than the outside. As it does this, the water will cascade down the side fo the taller tank into the larger tank.
Next week I will begin cutting and gluing the pieces.