After many more hours of brainstorming and bouncing back ideas with some of my friends, I think I’ve finally landed on something I can move forward with. I will be making a kinetic wall piece for my room. I’m still in the process of coming up with several different designs so that I can get some feedback from my friends.
1) Materials: I have to decide on a material that is easy to manufacture while also being relatively durable and light.
2) Mechanical part: The kinetic part of this wall piece will be achieved by having a hidden mechanical system working under the piece to create motion. This part will have to be relatively small and quiet so it wont get in the way of the rest of the piece.
3) Aesthetics: After discussing my project with some people, I got different feedback on what they perceived the motion aspect of the piece would convey. Do I want it to look natural and random or structured and man-made?
4) Size: I would like for this project to be fairly big in size but it still has to fit on my wall without being too heavy.
5) Mobility: I want this piece to be something that I can take with me as I move houses. I’m also going abroad next semester, and tend to move around a lot so this piece needs to well structured and durable so it can withstand moving