As I continue with the project, I was originally playing around with the idea of using existing, recycled gears. After spending several hours at the local McGuckins, I discovered that the size of gears I want are mostly found in only plastic. I want to use recycled gears, but I am afraid of the potential issues with meshing gears. I found that I love the combination of unique gears, but those do not mesh well and have the potential for damage over time. I have then decided to move forward solely with laser cut gears. Over the last few days, I have been playing around with different CAD designs and picked up scrap material from McGuckins. By the time I return from break, I plan to have a design I would like to cut and test. This will allow me to laser cut directly after break and assemble that week after break. I will then have about two weeks to change out components and make any necessary changes.