Shawn’s Top 5 Constraints
- Circuits and Electronics – I have very little experience with circuitry outside of the Mechanical engineering curriculum so this project will be a great learning experience for me. I’ve talked to Dan a few times and he is happy to help me through this project.
- Programming – Another important area of this project in which I have little experience in. I have chosen to use an Arduino to bring everything together as it is relatively easy to use and there are many tutorials online.
- Cost/Quality – This is already looking to be an expensive project as I just purchased an Arduino starter kit and other components. I want this to be more professionally done than the guy who built an LED orb from scrap parts, so I’m willing to pay a little extra.
- Time – Senior Design, other classes, and work take up a lot of my time and I am struggling to find time to work on this.
- 3D Printing – I have a good amount of experience with SolidWorks so designing parts isn’t the issue. I’ve never 3D printed a part before and I’ve heard it might be difficult to find a printer that’s not already in use.