For those of you that have not been following my project from the start, I am building a solar powered Mendocino motor. This is essentially a magnetically levitated rod that spins using a solar powered motor.
The main progress that I have made this week is that I managed to make a working preto/prototype of the motor. This served mostly as a proof of concept, but also a way of figuring out the magnetic placement for optimal levitation. Using this newly acquired data, I can dimension and work on constructing the base for the device in CAD and hopefully get fairly close to being completely done with it. My biggest hurdle at the moment is waiting on the solar cells that I ordered a few weeks ago to arrive. Once they arrive, I can construct the final rod assembly and test the motor capabilities of the device.
As of now, I am behind the schedule that I had set for myself in the preliminary design review. I hope to put a good amount of time in this weekend into getting back on schedule.