The design process for my homemade guitar is almost done and I have started taking measurements for a more precise model. When first starting out with the project, I drew a picture of a basic electric guitar and tried to identify all of the essential parts.
For each one, I had to figure out exactly how each component did its job within the framework of the guitar. From there, I tried to figure out what things I have that I could use to model those parts as accurately as possible to build my own. The next thing I did was draw a picture of a tennis racket and try and fit each of the parts from the 1st picture onto the body of the tennis racket.
I decided that I needed something to elevate the strings from the body, so I decided on L-brackets that I would mount to the racket itself. For the tuning pins, I will need to find something to wind the strings around at the end. The next step will probably be figuring out a way to amplify the sound and starting to put the prototype together.