I have made a lot of progress on my final project. I would project that I am 90% complete with the project and plan on completing the remaining 10% this upcoming weekend.
- CAD model was finalized and all dimensions were finalized
- Material was purchased and parts were cut using the laser cutter
- Parts were assembled in order to ensure fit and function of gear box
- Spacers were used to make sure that all gears were perfectly aligned
- Parts were then spray painted black to add a base coat for weathering technique
- “Rub N’ Buff” was applied to gears to give an appearance of gold metal gears
- Gearbox was then ready for final assembly
- The stepper motor has been coded and the gear box functions as intended
- The only remaining parts that need to be manufactured are the outer gear that will display the hours and the stand that holds up the stepper motor to display
- These parts will be made using the same technique and material that were used for the gears.
Overall I am very pleased with my progress thus far. From the progress pictures above it looks as though everything has gone smoothly without many problems. I assure you that is not the case, I have run into many problems and plan to include them in my final presentation.