Main Project Final Report Part 2 lockbox

Why and what next?

As of now the project is not completely finished. I intend on adding some pictures to the side of the box to make it even more person. I think that I may incorporate a picture frame into the sides of the box so that photographs can be swapped out depending on what she wants. I also want to add fabric lid support because I’m not too sure if I completely trust the hinges on the back. I definitely also want to clean up some of the stuff stray strings and glue that make the project look messy

 

Reflection on the semester. Compare your original project intent to what you ended up with.

Overall I think that this semester was successful in helping me understand how important aesthetics are to a project. At the beginning of the class I was very stuck in my engineering mindset. Before, everything needed to be functional and if it was it was perfect. Now I see that things will be better off if you incorporate some aesthetics. This is really shown in the difference between my upcycle report and my final report.

 

How did the public react?

My project was little out of my comfort zone because it was based around Disney princesses. I felt like people were a little taken aback because I don’t look like a person who would do this project.

 

What did you learn from your project, and from the class?

I learned that it’s easy to take the time and make a project aesthetically pleasing as long as you have a good base to start on.

 

What will you do next with the project?

I plan on finishing everything up that I previously said and giving it to her when she returns. I’m really excited to see how she like it. I put a lot of work into it and I hope it pays off

 

What do you wish you had done differently?

Overall I feel like this project was a success. I think that I accurately captured all of the objectives that I intended to with the build. There are still some improvement that I would have liked to make within the project. I don’t like how the box needs to be flipped onto its side in order to properly see the lamp. I would have liked to have a lid support attached to the box so that the lid does not slam shut or rip the lid off the hinges. I can possible add taller legs on the bottom of the box making the light a little more visible but I am indeed happy with the results.

Previous Post
Main Project Final Stretch Progress: Lampu
Next Post
20th Century Design: Perpetual Motion

2 Comments. Leave new

  • Hunter Miller
    Hunter Miller
    May 10, 2017 11:44 pm

    I like the choice to use the pink lock! It really adds to the aesthetic! I know that eve will love it! It so cute that your god daughter helped out with the design!!!

    Reply
  • Jake Silverman
    Jake Silverman
    May 10, 2017 11:02 pm

    I think that you plan to finish the project despite the challenges that you had faced, and how everything may not have worked the way you wanted it too.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.

Menu