As a mechanical engineer, I have many of the same skills as others in this class. These are some of skills that I have gained in the mechanical engineering department:
- Machining/Testing Experience
- I have worked on many projects in the machine shop using the Mill, Lathe, Grinding, CNC, and Laser Cutter.
- In addition, I worked in a research lab, learning how to use the Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM), Scanning Electrong Microscopy (SEM), Nano-imprinting, Differential Scanning calorimetry (DSC), and the Dynamic Material Analysis (DMA).
- Analytical Programs
- I have used Matlab extensively, taken and optimal design class in which we worked on complex Matlab projects. I also have some experience with EES, Mathematica, LabVIEW, and MathCAD.
- For basically any long term project, I have used a decent amount of SolidWorks. I also briefly worked with Autocad in a workshop.
In addition to the engineering skills I possess, I can also help with a few other computer programs such as:
- Media Based Software
- I have used Imovie and Adobe Premiere to make relatively simple movies and videos. In addition I play the piano and began writing music using Musescore.
- Other Computer Programs
- Like many others, I know how to use basic computer programs such as Origin Pro, Microsoft Office Products including; Words, Excel, VBA, PowerPoint.
Finally, I have random other skills that will probably not be as useful, but might in strange and rare circumstances. These include:
- As mentioned earlier, I have played the piano for many years and also used to play the violin if music is needed for any project.
- I was a middle school teacher for one summer, so if you need lesson plans written up I am decent at that.
- Book Up-cycling
- As you know I upcycled a few books for my project and have good ideas for more.
- I have 6 dodgeball intramural championship t-shirts. So if you need to throw or dodge a ball I can help with that as well.