I am currently a senior in mechanical engineering graduating this May, and have the similar course background as my team mates. I have spend a lot of time 3-D printing at the ITLL so the process on how to get your design in 3-D is pretty fresh. I am very good with almost anything that involves hands on work.
Some skills that I bring to the table are as follows:
- SolidWorks have plenty of hours in this software.
- Basic machining skills (mill, lathe, some what CNC)
- Basic Soldering
- Basic circuits knowledge
- 3-D printing knowledge and design for 3-D printing (have access to the ITLL printers)
- Laser Cutting Knowledge (have access to the ITLL laser cutter)
- Design for Manufacturability and Assembly
- Creative idea “generator”
- Good at hand and SolidWorks drawings (Love to Draw it is one of my hobbies)
This cartoon made me laugh, and I thought that it kinda went with the aesthetics of this blog.