The way I am doing this project is as a business style transaction with a friend of mine where he is coming up with a list of requirements and I will be designing a product for him. So far the constraints we have agreed on are:
- Easy to Clean
- it doesn’t make sense to have an intricate design for brewing coffee if it is impossible to clean. this is one of the higher priority items
- my friend brews coffee a lot. It’s not worth the investment if this product will only work a few times. it needs to last.
- Must have easy to operate valves
- His biggest complaint about how he currently brews his coffee is that the process can be messy at times. He wants a simple device that is easy to operate.
- Must brew large batches of coffee at one time
- My friend brews large batches (1 lb or more) at a time. He’ll store the coffee in his fridge and pour a cup when he wants it.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- As functional as this product should be, we’d also like it to look nice as well. It’ll be a great conversational piece for him, and something to admire for years to come.
There is also the constraint of time, money, resources, skills, etc. However I think those are easier to overcome based on the way we have setup the transaction for this project.