Going into the final project of the semester I am looking forward to seeing what I am able to accomplish. However, while trying to do so, there will be a number of constraints. The top five constraints I have are as follows:
- Electrical Components- I have nearly no experience in electronics besides my circuits class that I took sophomore year. It can potentially slow the progression of the project having to learn while working.
- Machining or 3-d printing – The outer shell of the box will be easy to design, but it could take a decent amount of time either machining it or 3-d printing it. Machining could take a while because of the wait at the machine shop, but 3-d printing would be difficult because of the fact I have never used it before.
- Life-like Features – I hope that even though it will be entirely mechanic, it will still end up looking life-like. This could pose problems down the road if it continually doesn’t look the way I want it to
- Coding – One of the other features I am hoping for is a random variation each time the flip is switched. Coding the variations could be very difficult, but hopefully will be very rewarding.
- Uniqueness – The overall most difficult, yet necessary requirement is that I make the useless box unique. The useless box already exists, but the one that I make has to be different and hopefully better.