Ralphie IV lives!!!!!
Ralphie V is currently printing. In real life, the current Colorado Buffalo is Ralphie V. Therefore, this is the final design iteration :).
I have made some minor adjustments to improve the toy’s ability to be assembled.
As you can see, I’ve added arrows to depict the correct orientation each gear needs to be assembled into order to get the legs to move properly.
I added some ridges to the twist piece to make it easier to grip.
Instead of using standoff features on the gears, I just made the fillet radius at the base of each column the same. The gears will rest at the top of the radii. I also wanted to get rid of the standoffs because they were causing a lot of post-processing issues. The support material on the inside of the standoffs were previously nearly impossible to remove. This is no longer a problem.
Alright, one more week to go and just about done!!! It has been a lot of design and re-design but I am very proud of the result so far. I had never designed anything with functioning gears on it until this project, so I’m really excited to share this project at the expo!