I’ve been steadily making progress on my project and working towards getting the colors transitioning smoothly. I finally got around to figuring out how its all going to fit together from a structural standpoint. I put together a quick and dirty “pretotype” of the structure, and I’ve included a few pictures (that don’t really do it justice) of it running. I’ve added in lighting below the Flatirons to help show the shape of them in the dark.
Tomorrow, I’ll be cutting out the pieces for the structure that I made out of posterboard and cardboard in the picture. I’m going to try out wood and see how that looks, but if it doesn’t fulfill the aesthetic I was hoping for, I might try out black acrylic. I also will need to cut down the diffuser panel so that I can use the other piece of it for the lights that are below the Flatirons. Also, here’s a video (Link: https://youtu.be/8cxztM9Jn1Y)! Unfortunately, the refresh rate and timings are all off right now, but that’s a fine tuning procedure for the next week!
Photos of the “Pretotyped” Panorama