The design process for the bottle tree was fairly simple. Seen above it was a linear process and didnt really have any loops or iterations to it. I started off with the idea in my head. A picture of what it would look like and a general idea of what materials I was going to use.
After Brain storming I drew up a few sketches and iterated through what the base pieces were going to look like and what shape I would put the bottles in.
From here, I started searching for my materials and found a decent piece of wood in my garage that I could use. I scrounge around friends house and mine to find all the bottle I needed. I also happened to have the epoxy and lights that I will include.
Next I drew up another sketch this time with some dimensions so I would be able to cut the piece of would into the shape I need. I also included rough locations of where the bottles would be and where the lights would go.
Now it’s on to the assembly phase…