My project is the upside down fish tank. I need to incorporate moving parts to the project, so I have decided to create a drawer like base for the fish tank. I would like to create my fish tank out of thick acrylic sheet. This should be thick enough to hold everything together. The base will be made out of wood with a small drawer.
- The acrylic used for the fish tank has to be thick enough to hold the pressure of the water, but thin enough to still look aesthetically pleasing.
- The shape of the fish tank must both be sleek and provide the upside down aesthetic.
- The drawer will be furnished nicely to match the sleek fish tank.
- I would like the drawer to function without handles (for aesthetic purposes), perhaps the use of a magnetic catch system.
- Both the fish tank and the drawer must fit together nicely in some way or another.