This project is in a pretty good place right now. I worked on it quite a bit before break because I know the next few weeks will be hectic in all my other classes as well. Last I worked on it, I finalized my sketch and prototype and started ordering parts. In fact, my first wave of parts arrived just before break. There are pros and cons about my placement in this project right now, then I’ll dive into my schedule for the remainder of the semester.
- I know what I want to build. I have a vision of what my final project will be.
- I finalized my sketch (for now, at least).
- I already purchased the candle (for dimension basis), candle holder, arm, fan, pads, and blue paper for under the base.
- I have a list of what needs to still be purchased (see cons list).
- I still have to purchase some items:
- Frosted Glass for Pond Base
- Aluminum for Skater Silhouette
- Snowflake Ornaments
- Fishing Line (for Ornaments)
- I still have to cut and finish the glass once it arrives.
- Once the aluminum is purchased, must get it cut (Laser cut or water jet?).
With all of these items in mind, here is a schedule for the remainder of the semester:
Weds., April 5th, 2017 – Determine project status and form a schedule for the remainder of the semester. Write it up as a blog post. Should take 2 hours total.
Fri., April 7th, 2017 – Research frosted glass and Aluminum at McGuckins, online, etc. Can I get it recycled for cheap? If so, purchase. Should take 1-2 hours but will set aside 3 for driving around town if needed.
Weds., April 12th, 2017 – Begin the drawing process for the skater silhouette on Solidworks and Corel Draw (if laser cut is an option).
Fri., April 14th, 2017 – Place order for skater silhouette to be cut.
Mon., April 17th, 2017 – Begin report on the website and PowerPoint presentation for class. Work on all week.
Weds., April 19th, 2017 – Collect silhouette and assemble project. Should only take a few minutes by this point but I’ll schedule it for at least 2 hours.
Fri., April 21st, 2017 – Finalize.
Fri., April 21st, 2017 – Mon., April 24th, 2017 – Finalize the product, report, and PowerPoint presentation.
Mon., April 24th, 2017 – Presentations begin at noon. Everyone will go for the next two weeks. Attend all members’ presentations and give them feedback on the website.
Fri., May 5th, 2017 – Last day to give feedback and update any posts on the website.
For a complete calendar list, see the Google Calendar provided above.