For my project, I have a very clear picture of what I want it to look like and function like. I plan to pursue the vision I have and perfect it down to the inch. However, I know that will be difficult. My top five constraints are:
- Tool usage: I don’t know exactly how I will cut the PVC pipes yet. I know I could do it with a hacksaw, or I could go in to the machine shop to do it. Doing it in the machine shop would require me to carry materials around, and would mean I could only work during their hours.
- Painting space: I don’t know where I plan to paint it. Obviously I can’t do it in my house, so I will have to find another place.
- Durability: I need to be careful when constructing this, to make sure that it will stay together and not come apart when picked up.
- Weight: I don’t know how much the final product will weigh, but I need to make sure it will be able to move.
- Functionality: I have never built a dummy roping calf before. I have never really even used one. I just have to wing it a little on what I will make it look like and work like.