It is nearly crunch time! But honestly, this project is in a pretty good place right now. I worked on it quite a bit before break because I knew the next few weeks would be hectic in all my other classes as well. Last I worked on it, I finalized my sketch and prototype and started ordering parts. In fact, my first wave of parts arrived just before break. The next wave will be arriving in the coming days. There are pros and cons about my placement in this project right now, as follows:
- I know what I want to build. I have a vision of what my final project will be.
- I finalized my sketch (see the featured image above).
- I already purchased the candle (for dimension basis), candle holder, arm, fan, pads, and blue paper for under the base.
- I have a list of what needs to still be purchased (see cons list).
- I still have to purchase some items:
- Frosted Glass for Pond Base – Looking like best option is McGuckins
- Aluminum for Skater Silhouette – Either McGuckins or McMaster-Carr
- Snowflake Ornaments – Amazon
- Fishing Line (for Ornaments) – McGuckins
- I still have to cut and finish the glass once it arrives.
- Once the aluminum is purchased, must get it cut (Laser cut, CNC mill, or water jet? I’m thinking water jet).