For my project, I decided to go with an infinite mirror clock that uses LEDs to tell time. The aesthetic i am going for is a futuristic look that is also very clean, sleek, and looks cutting edge. The project is not too difficult, however, it will require a fair amount of work and detail.
The top five constraints for my project are:
- Time: Making this will require several time-consuming steps and processes. Making the frame will be especially time consuming considering that I must work with the availability of the wood shop at the Idea Forge.
- Materials: The project requires the same-sized, circular mirror and piece of glass. It may prove to be difficult to not only find a circular mirror that is an appropriate size, but also a piece of glass to match.
- The frame: The frame would look best if it was also circular and if it was thin. I may have to build a square frame instead, but would prefer to make a circular frame, which is much more difficult.
- Compactness: I would like for the wiring and electrical components to be very well hidden and for the clock to be relatively thin. I do not want this large, bulky end product.
- The aesthetic: In order to achieve a futuristic, sleek look, I must take each step with great care and allow myself plenty of time to adjust things, mess up, rebuild, etc.