The Rolex watch aesthetic originates in 1905 when Hans Wilsdorf designed a practical and accurate wrist watch. These watches are so sought after because of their durability in material, accuracy to keep time within the piece, and the classy look and feel of the dial and band. The Rolex brand can be found “on the wrists of pioneers, artists, athletes and visionaries and journey to the very highest summits and the deepest part of the oceans.”(rolex.com).
Some distinctive features that fit the Rolex watch aesthetic:
- The distinctive face of a Rolex watch, most responsible for its identity and readability.
- Characterised by hour markers fashioned from 18 ct gold to prevent tarnishing.
- Featuring thousands of unique variations in colour, texture and motifs exclusive to Rolex.
- Designed and manufactured in-house, largely by hand, to ensure perfection.
- The Rolex Crown logo at the top of the watch.
- Using IIII instead of the traditional IV to represent “4” on the dial.
Photo Credit: All photos and images are from the official Rolex website.(https://www.rolex.com/).