The top 5 constraints of my project would be:
- Time: The time for the project by itself is not a lot, not even to mention that fact that we as students may have 4-5 of other projects/assignments for other classes. So there is limited time to devote to the project. Having to deal with it while making the final product looks somehow polished would be a big challenge.
- Resource: Resource wise, it’s just a general term that includes the limit of time, budget, and skillset. How to maximize the result with the limited resource is constant something that we need to deal with.
- Budget: If I have enough of a big budget, it may be really cool to get a customized mold and have the prototype phone case to be manufactured in a factory, but I’m just a college kid, so… I’ll see what I can do with my budget.
- Skillset: Despite that I do have some sort of experience in fabricating the ideas, like I did 3D printing, laser cutting, wood shop training, those kinds of hands on things. However, often in time, that I am still have a hard time in fabrication process, and it’s really challenging for me to turn my ideas into something that’s tangible and closely matched to my idea. With those being said, I may utilize the help exchange, or I’ll just have to keep on learning more skills and keep practicing fabrication.
- And the limitation resulted from aesthetic choice of minimalism would be to simplifying the design yet maintaining it in such a way that it can still express my idea of encouraging people to put down their phone.