Top 5 Specifications
- The lamp will be made of wood and other natural materials to fit the mod-century modern/contemporary aesthetic I’m aiming for.
- The articulating function of the lamp should be able to support the lamp and move smoothly. There shouldn’t be a lot of force required to move the lamp around ideally.
- There should be multiple different light settings. This might take form in different light warmness settings, or maybe different brightness levels.
- The lamp should be stable and not wobbly when being adjusted. This is important so that the light doesn’t flicker or shake when the desk it’s on is bumped.
- It would be neat to have the lamp fully fold flat when not in use so that it can be stored elsewhere easily.
Top 5 Constraints
- Since this is going to be a desk lamp, it needs to be compact enough to fit on my desk with a minimal footprint
- The desk lamp will be made of quality wood, extra intent will be needed to keep material costs low.
- The lamp should be energy efficient, ideally using LEDs.
- Weight should be kept to a minimum. I’ll be moving the lamp around my desk to get better lighting for different situations, so the lamp being light is a key constraint.
- The wiring for the electronics in the lamp needs to be relatively simple and robust so as to avoid electrical problems.