Since the Design Preview, I have made a fair amount of progress in creating my final artifact. Firstly I have drawn the lines for where I will have my LED strips and laid out the shapes in which I will have the moss. I have begun gluing and soldering the LED strips together since they need to be chained for the electronics/ code to work. I have used hot glue to insulate the solder connections to ensure no wires accidentally touch and potentially short the LEDs.
I have also set up the power supply module for the LEDs. Since there are too many LEDs to power directly from the Arduino I have bought a 5V 60amp power supply to ensure the LEDs will have sufficient power.
I have created some preliminary code to interact with the LEDs and ultrasonic sensor however I need to clean it up a bit since there are some glitches occurring.