I’m a mechanical engineer by training, so I am fairly strong in most of the typical mechanical and engineering things. Here’s a list of some of my engineering skills:
- I’ve had several internships and projects which have given me hundreds of hours on nearly every professional CAD program, specifically SolidWorks, so I can definitely help with that.
- I’ve done a fair bit of machining on metal and plastics using mills, lathes, bandsaws, etc.
- I’m trained on the laser cutters in the ITLL and also have access to Makerbot 3D printers in the Idea Forge
- I like tinkering with hobbyist electronics like Arduinos and am currently in Mechatronics. I’m pretty strong as far as coding in C, C++, Java, MATLAB, and Python
- I love talking through designs with people! Its one of my favorite parts of engineering, and I’ve always loved thinking through things on a very conceptual level
- I have a lot of experience manufacturing with composite materials as well as a basic understanding of how they work on a structural level from using them to build rockets
- I’m decent at soldering, but I don’t have the steadiest hands, but am happy to help out if you need it
- I can also sew using a sewing machine or needle and thread and have sewed my own hammock through the Idea Forge Makerspace
I also have other more miscellaneous skills which I can put to use if you need them:
- I’m a good writer and I’d be happy to proofread/edit things if you need it
- I play several musical instruments and also know how to use basic recording and editing software while Audacity and Garageband
- I can help with photography or videography, but don’t actually own cameras for either of them
- I also enjoy sleeping and long walks on the beach