For my project I wanted to work with speakers, but it seemed to simple and so I thought that it would be really neat to do a wireless speaker system. I always wanted wireless speakers but they wore all really expensive and I did not like how they look. By creating my own wireless speaker I can assure that the aesthetics that I like are there.
The wireless speakers system will consist of the fallowing
- two 20 watt 4 Ohm speakers (4 inch diameter car speakers)
- 20 watt audio amplifier
- 1K potentiometer (volume control)
- 12V,5A power supply
- bluetooth audio receiver
- on off switch
- wood (not sure yet)
Aside from making a custom box for the speaker and amplifier components, I would like to add a twist by integrating a hologram. This is what will distinguish the speaker system to the others. At the moment I am just going to use my tablet and create supports (not sure how yet). The idea to the hologram is to make it futuristic and instead of having LCD displays all of your information on a hologram. Due to time it will only display figures.
There are plenty of challenges to complete this project that I will try my best to achieve. This project will need the fallowing skills;
- wood working
- some knowledge about audio amplifier
- there are also a few electronic components
- finding all the right components
I will be using A lot of the CU and online resources that we have. I will be seeking help from Dan and Tim in the ITLL.
There are three critical components that I will be working on. the first is making sure that all of the components work on the amplifier. The second critical component is to create a working hologram and then integrate it into the design. Lastly create the boxes for the amplifier and speakers.
It is very difficult to create a timeline for this project but it will be done by the expo.
- Order materials 2/22/2016 (audio amplifier, 2 speakers, potentiometer, 12V,5A power supply) Estimated cost of $150
- Prototype holograms (I have been prototyping on the holograms and will have my 3rd design done by the end of this week)
- Create a working speaker system (sound)
- make it wireless
- add off on button
- integrate hologram into design of the speaker boxes
- create the speaker box system
Neat project – You might consider using an inexpensive LCD panel and RaspberryPi to make the hologram portion permanent
Getting that hologram to work will be kind of tricky but will definitely pay off.
I have seen that hologram concept before, and I think it’s really cool. Maybe there’s some way to show the “equalizer” (I forget the actual term for it) of the song that’s playing.
this is so cool! Great job on the clear sketches and modeling you have done. I am excited to see how this turns out!