- Available Materials: due to the requirement of the assignment, my first concern was what materials do I have in my disposal that can be used. Since I have amazon prime and being lazy, I end up with a lot of shipping boxes.
2) Brainstorming: my biggest concern in this step was to come up with as many ideas as possible. However, the option to build something out of card boxed are endless. Thus, i have decided to do something that would be useful.
3) Objective of product: after coming up with multiple ideas, I have decided to do a drawer because it was something I wanted to buy for my apartment and doing this project will save me money. So two birds with one stone.
4) CAD: I usually would sketch before modeling in CAD, but since the concept was simple, I have skipped it and started with CADing.
5) Drawings: Having a fully dimensioned drawing of each part.
6) Tools: I have yet to reach this step, which states what tools do I need to build my product.
7) Manufacturing: last step is to build the product.
The reason why I have decided to do a drawer, was because I have a table next to my bed, which has many stuff on top of it and is getting very crowded. Thus, a drawer will use the wasted space beneath the table, and store any unnecessary thing in the drawers while still allocating space on top to be used as a table. I already have all the materials I need. I also have finished a CAD assembly of the drawer I am going to build.