I will do an Auto Pet Feeder and here are my top 5 constraints:
- Aesthetic: As a mechanical engineer to be, my focus is usually on the functionality of the device but not this time. I’ll do my best to make by project looks beautiful!
- Cost: The average cost for this device is $50 and I will be using around $10 only.
- Arduino: It has a limited battery (voltage) that I can use and that might limit the ideas I have for my device. I will be using motors, pushbuttons and possibly sensors.
- Ashley: I will be giving this device to Ashley, my friend’s cat. He’s about 5 months old and the device needs to be safe for him. Also, the device might work for him only (more in that later).
- Size: The size must be moderate and enough for it to be stable. The device will be in the living room and it must take a limited space.