Here are the top constraints for my project –
- Cost – This factor will depend on the rubber tubing that I use and the amount of lighting I need. I will have to solder and connect components together, but the size of the sign can become expensive fast. Also, the rubber tubing needs to be fairly thin and versatile so I cannot really cheap out on it. Lastly, the fasteners to keep the sign together will change the cost immensely.
- Manufacturing – The availability of resources and the amount of them I can use will play a large part. I will be needing wiring assistance and electronic help so that is a large factor into putting the lighting in place. Also, to create the mount for everything I will need to be as minimal as possible and I cannot weld so that may be a challenge.
- Time – this system will take a large amount of time to place together. There is simply no fast way to strip, solder, and connect electrical circuits. Also, I will need time to set aside ways to clamp the sign together and then work on it while it is in place and doesn’t move.
- Weight – The sign must overall be light and easy to place on a wall. It cannot be too heavy or bulky and ruin the point of it.
- Wiring/Aesthetic – Overall the sign must be simple and clean looking, to make the aesthetic modern and simplistic I do not want wires all over or hanging from the piece. Overall I want a single, hard to depict wire coming from the sign.