For this post I figured it would be most beneficial for me to make a list with descriptions for both of my top 5 specifications and constraints. Materials for my artifact are still in transit, but should arrive by today or tomorrow (04/07/2021 – 04/08/2021). Both of these lists come from the feedback session during the Design Preview phase.
Top 5 Specifications:
- Mobility: The primary dynamic aspect of my artifact is mobility of the Gauntlet I will be creating. For this to be achieved I decided on making the artifact in separate sections.
- Lighting: The secondary dynamic aspect of my artifact is the lighting of the jewels I purchased for the artifact. The lights I have purchased are individual and are constrained to the interior of the assembled Gauntlet.
- Fitment: Since this artifact is going to be placed on my hand it is important to ensure that the finished Gauntlet actually fits onto my hand.
- Aesthetic Accuracy: While this course is called Aesthetics of Design it is important for me to note the aesthetic I am aiming for. From this, the accuracy of the stencils I will be creating is important for the “engraving” of the purchased crafting foam.
- Assembly: In order for fitment to be achieved the assembly of each individual section needs to be taken into consideration. For assembly of each section I am thinking of using elastic cloth of varying width for each section.
Top 5 Constraints:
- Time: I am anticipating that the stencil creation and “engraving” will take some time in order for the aesthetic to be reminiscent of the Gauntlet in the movies themselves.
- Mobility: I still have not received the purchased crafting foam, but I am still wary of how elastic it is. Due to this, mobility of the assembled Gauntlet may be constrained.
- Lighting: The purchased LEDs are individual balls, and for this to be properly integrated into the Gauntlet I am thinking of making interior layers of foam that the lights will sit in.
- Painting: Once the “engraving” and assembly process has concluded, it will then be time to paint the finished Gauntlet. From my research, the gold metallic paint I have purchased is of the right shade but I am uncertain of how it will stay on the crafting foam.
- Stencil Creation Talent: My general artistic talent is quite basic in my opinion which will certainly affect the accuracy of the stencils I will be creating. Once this stencils have been created and cut out it is important for me to note how to properly “engrave” the crafting foam.
Featured Image: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/72525 (taken from the website)