I’m pretty happy with how my project turned out. In my last post I was finishing up with the outline sketch of the base. Since then I have changed some original plans that I had for the project. Originally I planned on making a model of the entire EC but found that cutting out all the cardboard pieces was very time consuming. I decided to only model the main building and part of the court yard. During the construction of my model I was scared that it might be fragile and unstable but the hot glue did a very good job at keeping all of the walls upright and in place.
Below is the final product. The building had lots of intricacies and strange geometry so I simplified lots of the buildings and roofs. I think the end result is still very recognizable and looks pretty good. I am debating on painting the buildings on my own time but I also kind of like the aesthetic that the cardboard gives. Just like the real EC, it has a mundane and old run-down look to it. In the future, I plan on keeping my model and placing it on a table near my computer for show. I still need to go back and clean up a few things like walls that have too much glob on glue and over hanging roofs.