For my up-cycling project, I had decided to use the extra electrical jumper wires lying around in my lab. The first task I identified was to set an aesthetic for my project artifact. Using the wires I had just as is, would not have conformed to a certain aesthetic and so I decided to strip off the colored insulation so as to expose the silver and copper colors of the wires and set an aesthetic as steampunk/wirepunk.
I decided to stick with my original plan of weaving the tripped wires to make an artifact resembling a tree and use the multi-strand wire ends as the foliage of the tree. I soon realized after starting to strip the wires that, to make a tree with the specifications of the project, I would need much longer stripped wires than what I had. I tried to strip the longer wires I had, but had a hard time t strip them effectively. I used standard wire strippers and even an exact blade to cut open the insulation over a longer length only to end up damaging the wire strands and harming myself a bit.
Since I faced this issue, I decided to change my artifact design to a watch and have drafted a plan for the same. I think I have enough stripped wires to weave them into making the watch.
This has been my progress till now and I hope to start forming the wire according to this plan.