I have finished designing the enclosure for the battery and have started on the electrical side of things. As far as fabrication goes, I have had some major setbacks. I have attempted to 3D print the frame of the enclosure 3 times with each time resulting in a failed print. This is not great as I don’t even expect the first iteration of this to be fully functional and so the final product is going to take much longer than expected.
The aluminum panels I plan to inset into the 3D printed frame have also not arrived yet and at this point I am concerned I am not even going to be allowed to waterjet these parts. If I am unable to waterjet these pars, then I will have to turn to the old template and coping saw method. This would increase build time tremendously.
As far as electronics go, I am in a more comfortable spot. I have ordered a Battery Management System (BMS) and have all the correct batteries to hook up to it once it arrives.