I’ve been searching for the right chair to cover. The criteria is that the chair be fairly small with rectangular cushions so that I can wrap the woven material around the corners without much old chair showing through.
I think I finally found one that fits the bill. All of sudden our rescue mutt doesn’t look too shabby.
I started by rounding up the tools and materials I would need. Then I nailed the metal end of the tape measures to a board in a straight row.
Next, I began weaving the tape measures across the rows, trying to keep them tight as I go.
Once I realized what I got myself into, I decided to paint the frame so it would have plenty of time to dry. I masked off the chair’s feet and end caps and gave it a coat of spray paint. I tried to match the paint to the blue tape measures.
Once I had enough tape measures woven to cover the bottom cushion, I then stapled the tape measures to the bottom of the cushion.