Tested some more handle patterns this weekend, finally got a good method for producing a random patterning in the handle material which will allow me to avoid cutting too deep into the locations where the pinstock is keeping everything held together. Hopefully I can finish assembly by the end of the week, I had started but forgot to include a few key pieces on the onset, I had to tear it apart and make a some adjustments losing a few hours on Tuesday. The issue was I had forgot the handles are mounted to the interior by the pinstock, I attached all the interior and had no way of attaching the handles. Once I punched out the pins, not easy considering I nearly destroyed the interior structure with the punch and hammer, I cut some longer pins and attached the handles and interior structure. Surprisingly the structure seems quite strong considering how thin some of the areas ended up being.
One the pins are in place they will be flared with a peening hammer, locking them together, then come the pivots and final assembly. Once all together I plan to sand and buff the exterior parts to a smooth finish.