For making a levitation base that can support the weight of a beer bottle, there are several constraints that I am running into.
1. I have to find a way to spin a magnet quite quickly in order to have a stable magnetic field so that the magnet that I can get to levitate doesn’t just fall off to the side. I’ve tried Arduino motors, but that is not looking like a viable option. More research is required here.
2. The magnets I have been using to make this are quite weak, I need strong (expensive) magnets in order to generate any noticeable distance between the magnet and the base.
3. I do not have an aesthetic I want to design towards yet, so that is still up in the air.
4. Since the distance between the base and the floating magnet will be small, the top of my design needs to be flat more or less. This is something I need to take into consideration when I’m designing towards an aesthetic.
5. I am not trying to spend a lot of money on this, so money is actually a very real constraint. The magnets are pricey, so I’m probably just going to account for this by 3D printing the case for this as it is a cheap rapid prototyping technique.
If you have any suggestions for me as to how to overcome one of these constraints, please comment.