Thus far, I have not done much to my projects after the presentations. After looking at the comments I received and the feedback I got from the presentations, I plan on re-staining the woods to be darker. So far I have the shape of the project the way I want it to be. I did this by taking to small pieces of scrap wood and sanding them down. This did in fact take forever and I would not recommend doing that.
If I were going to do this again I’d probably whittle the center part and then sanded down once I got it to where I wanted. I need to continue to to sand down the edged and honestly the entire project as a whole. The project is a little rough and not in the best shape to be rubbing your hand across. If I end up having more time by the end of this project, I may add some details and paint some designs on, but this is isn’t likely because I’m swamped!!!
Anyway, progress is and will be made over the next two weeks!
Hey India, I can’t see any photos of your box but it sounds very cool and I like the addition of a dark stain, I used something similar in my upcycle project and it came out great! super satisfying as well