Despite being a person who loves fashion and dressing up, I have never incorporate that love into my work and projects in the engineering school, functionality was above all. Taking the Aesthetic of Design class enabled me to go through a new learning experience where I learned about aesthetics. Furthermore, I was able to work on a project whereby I got to mix and match engineering with aesthetics. I wanted to make an e-textile dress with the design of Piet Mondrian. As a result, I had a dress that lights up via switches, yet there is room for more improvement.
Take a look at the pages below to follow along with my progress!
- LED Dress | Final Presentation (Video)
- LED Dress | Final Report
- LED Dress | Project Update #5
- LED Dress | Project Update #4
- LED Dress | Project Update #3
- LED Dress | Project Update #2
- LED Dress | Redesign: Project Update #1
- LED Dress | Top 5 Constraints
- LED Dress | Initial Design Summary
- LED Dress | Aesthetic Inspiration